In the event you use a service, feature, or functionality that is operated by a third party and made available through our Services (including Services we jointly offer with the third party), each party’s terms will govern as to the respective party’s relationship with you. In these instances, we will take steps to make the third party’s terms available to you before you begin to use the service, feature, or functionality.
The Services consist of interactive features and areas that allow users to create, send and recieve, and/or store content, including but not limited to photos, videos, text, graphics, items, or other materials (collectively, "User Content"). You understand that you are responsible for all data charges you incur by using the Services. You also understand that your User Content may be viewable by others and that you have the ability to control who can access such content by adjusting your privacy settings.
You agree that you are solely responsible for your User Content and any claims arising therefrom, and that MailTo is not responsible or liable for any User Content or claims arising therefrom. While we are not obligated to do so, we reserve the right, and have absolute discretion, to review, screen, and delete User Content at any time and for any reason.
You retain all ownership rights in your User Content. However, by submitting User Content to MailTo, you hereby grant us an irrevocable, nonexclusive, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free, sublicensable, and transferable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, edit, publish, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, promote, exhibit, and display such User Content in any and all media or distribution methods, now known or later developed (the "User Content License"), subject to any privacy settings you have set to control who can see your User Content.
You agree that any feedback, suggestions, ideas, or other information or materials regarding MailTo or the Services that you provide, whether by email or otherwise ("Feedback"), are non-confidential and shall become the sole property of MailTo. We will be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of such Feedback for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledging or compensating you. You waive any rights you may have to the Feedback (including any copyrights or moral rights). We like hearing from users, but please do not share your ideas with us if you expect to be paid or want to continue to own or claim rights in them.
In addition to the other restrictions outlined in these Terms, you agree that you will not:
- Use the Services for any purpose that is illegal, beyond the scope of their intended use, or otherwise prohibited in these Terms or the terms of any third party that govern a particular Service;
- Use the Services in any manner that could interfere with, disrupt, negatively affect, or inhibit other users from fully enjoying the Services, or that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the functioning of the Services in any manner;
- Compromise the security of the Services;
- Send any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, spam, solicitations, or promotional materials;
- Use any robot, spider, crawler, scraper, or other automated means or interface not provided by us to access the Services or to extract data;
- Reverse engineer any aspect of the Services or do anything that might discover source code or bypass or circumvent measures employed to prevent or limit access to any area, content, or code of the Services;
- Use or attempt to use another user’s account without authorization;
- Attempt to circumvent any content-filtering techniques we employ, or attempt to access areas or features of the Services that you are not authorized to access;
- Attempt to indicate in any manner that you have a relationship with us or that we have endorsed you or any products or services without our express written consent to do so;
- Engage in any harassing, intimidating, predatory, or stalking conduct;
- Impersonate any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Violate the publicity, privacy, or data-protection rights of others, including by taking pictures of another individual without receiving that individual’s consent;
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual or proprietary right of any party;
- sell, rent, lease, or otherwise offer in exchange for any compensation, access to your MailTo account;
- Develop any third-party applications that interact with User Content or the Services without our prior written consent;
- Use the Services for any illegal or unauthorized purpose or engage in, encourage, or promote any activity that violates these Terms.
You further agree to abide by any third-party terms that apply to the Services or when posting reviews of MailTo, including the iTunes App Store Terms of Service or the Android Market Terms of Service. Posting MailTo usernames in app store reviews is strictly prohibited and may result in us deleting your MailTo account.
After opening a MailTo account, you accept all responsibility for any activity that occurs while logged into your account. You are responsible for making sure that you keep your password secure and safe. You agree that you will not share your password with others or do anything that might jeopardize the security of your account, including sharing your password with or logging in through unauthorized third-party applications. If you use any such application or client, you acknowledge and agree that MailTo will bear no responsibility for any actions taken by those applications or clients, such as any breach of or unauthorized use of your account information or messages.
When you first create a MailTo account, we ask for your mobile number to verify your account. Please be aware that your carrier’s text messaging and data fees apply for mobile number verification.
Modifications to the Services
We reserve the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Services or any features or portions thereof without prior notice. You agree that we will not be liable for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the Services or any part thereof.
These Terms supersede all prior understandings regarding the same and represent the complete agreement between you and MailTo. These Terms do no create or confer any third-party beneficiary rights. We may change or modify these Terms at any time and in our sole discretion. If we make changes to these Terms, we will provide notice of such changes, such as by sending a notification, posting a notice on the Services, or updating the "Last Updated" date above. Your continued use of the Services will confirm your acceptance of the revised Terms. We encourage you to frequently review the Terms to ensure you understand the terms and conditions that apply to your use of the Services. If you do not agree to the amended Terms, you must stop using the Services and delete your MailTo account.
Questions and Comments
MailTo welcomes comments, questions, concerns, or suggestions. Please send feedback email@example.com